What would you consider important for Enderal?

Moderator: Moderatoren

115 Beiträge Seite 6 von 12
mandos
Schurke
Schurke

Just a quick idea i have realized while playing in arena in Nehrim. The common concept of arena as a "fight to the death"(as in Morrowind, Oblivion, Nehrim) is very tempting, but in current form it does not offer much diversion from the game core combat system. I think that if you could get rid of some ancient cliches, arena could provide a break of tension and even almost a guild like experience, with some unique traits that cannot be achieved by other social interactions.
I mean that the key factor would be that the fights would not be to the death. I know that it might sound a bit chicken-ish at first, but it opens a tremendous amount of possibilities, of which first and most important is: You could loose. At the moment if you die, you just reload until you get the kill. Then the experience is exactly same as with every other encounter in the world. With loosing, you could introduce a whole new ranking system, by which it would be possible gain or loose "prestige", which would in turn allow fights against tougher opponents, or would end up after a loosing streak in underwhelming fights against rabid animals or slave prisoners for some time, until you will prove yourself again.
I know that many players (maybe most) would just reload after being beaten in arena, but still i think that would offer an increased amount of outcomes for players who like to rpg a bit, not reloading everytime you dont get exactly the outcome that promotes you into a champion.

To sum up, my opinion is that in the world where most of encounters in the world itself are fight to the death, it is kinda redundant to have exactly same rules applied into the arena system. It could become semi-training, entertainment events for masses, but still rewarding with its own substories and quests, fetching animals to the cages, or pulling that unbeaten champion of your team out of tavern, sobering him up, drag him to the arena where his fight is awaiting :) if you are a wet ear of course who cant handle one rabid wolf :)

I dont even know whether you are planning to put in arena, its just the thing with conventional thoughts that they rarely bring anything new to the table, even when there is a great potential.
Lmaoboat
Krieger
Krieger

mandos hat geschrieben:
Just a quick idea i have realized while playing in arena in Nehrim. The common concept of arena as a "fight to the death"(as in Morrowind, Oblivion, Nehrim) is very tempting, but in current form it does not offer much diversion from the game core combat system. I think that if you could get rid of some ancient cliches, arena could provide a break of tension and even almost a guild like experience, with some unique traits that cannot be achieved by other social interactions.
I mean that the key factor would be that the fights would not be to the death. I know that it might sound a bit chicken-ish at first, but it opens a tremendous amount of possibilities, of which first and most important is: You could loose. At the moment if you die, you just reload until you get the kill. Then the experience is exactly same as with every other encounter in the world. With loosing, you could introduce a whole new ranking system, by which it would be possible gain or loose "prestige", which would in turn allow fights against tougher opponents, or would end up after a loosing streak in underwhelming fights against rabid animals or slave prisoners for some time, until you will prove yourself again.
I know that many players (maybe most) would just reload after being beaten in arena, but still i think that would offer an increased amount of outcomes for players who like to rpg a bit, not reloading everytime you dont get exactly the outcome that promotes you into a champion.

To sum up, my opinion is that in the world where most of encounters in the world itself are fight to the death, it is kinda redundant to have exactly same rules applied into the arena system. It could become semi-training, entertainment events for masses, but still rewarding with its own substories and quests, fetching animals to the cages, or pulling that unbeaten champion of your team out of tavern, sobering him up, drag him to the arena where his fight is awaiting :) if you are a wet ear of course who cant handle one rabid wolf :)

I dont even know whether you are planning to put in arena, its just the thing with conventional thoughts that they rarely bring anything new to the table, even when there is a great potential.
From what I've heard, gladiator fights in ancient Rome weren't usually fights to the death, partly just because how expensive feeding and training Gladiators were.
Lmaoboat
Krieger
Krieger

Bastion of Reason hat geschrieben:
*stuff*

Thank you for reading such a monster post. Even if only parts of this get implemented it would surely make for something unique and special.

I have confidence in you guys,
Peace,
Hannu :)
That sounds like a entirely different game.
Bastion of Reason
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Lmaoboat hat geschrieben:
Well I was under the impression that Endreal was going to be a new game. And these elements would definitely make for something unique and would deepen the interaction between the people you meet in the world and you.

Basically all it would do is "What if things in the game were different depending on the people you know?"
Lmaoboat
Krieger
Krieger

Bastion of Reason hat geschrieben:
Well I was under the impression that Endreal was going to be a new game. And these elements would definitely make for something unique and would deepen the interaction between the people you meet in the world and you.

Basically all it would do is "What if things in the game were different depending on the people you know?"
Sounds to me like something that comprehensive would overshadow the other elements of the game rather than enhance them.
Bastion of Reason
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Sounds to me like something that comprehensive would overshadow the other elements of the game rather than enhance them.
Well like I said these are suggestions for mechanics, suggestions to make SureAI implement some kind of system where things are different for you and you get different things based on what people/locales you know in the game. Some fitting implementation would definitely not take away from the game.
semarsip
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Just to the point:

I hope endereal get a factions or guilds (and thats connected each other to a quest) so we just can take 1 kind of faction or guild

To make guild and faction more interesting, im suggesting to get some hard-innovative-realistic kind quest for joining each factions (example: joining mercenary,militia, mage quest in gothic 2. they got imprresive hard and realistic quest)

And i hope all faction get on to the same main quest, but with different progress or even different ending

Add more options to a quest (not just diferent ending, but also diferent path/progress)

Add animal mount would be great for fast trafel alternatife (so no more fast travel, and teleport rune can ba added, but dont add on early game, just add when the main quest get so busy with another quest). or add a mass transport would also be great (u travel with another citizen to other area)

Add follower would be great also, but with smarter ai (since skyrim ai is dumb)

Mass battle can be added but with realistic value (like when battle starts, i know each person in battle was there in game before, dont add generated char)

Arena also great idea, since when u win that event u will get a valuable reward and also get an "famous" (every npc know u are the champion of that arena, or even a bandit will get different expression)

Adding draco but just a small count (dont too many dracos) but more deadly (like ancient dracos, so we search for the dracos, not the dracos search us)

The most important thing is "make we are live with another people in that game" so better ai, npc dialog and daily

Ok thats some idea from me, i hope this game can be better than the original,and even better than most great rpg game " gothic 2 " :thumbsup:

If i get another idea, ill share it here soon, just wait :D And sorry for bad english (i hope u can get my idea with that grammar)
Lynchbread
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

I would like my character to not be the center of the entire universe, I do not want to be the God send from above who is the only one capable of saving that kidnapped person, or the only one capable of saving the town from an evil wizard or something. I mean where are all of the other tough adventurers looking for a quest, I'm sure some of them would be more experienced and fare much better than I would on certain quests. I am not saying I am against saving the world for example, I am saying that I would like it if I wasn't the only adventurer in the entire land that can do anything at all. Take Skyrim for example, I seem to be the only one capable of doing any quests at all in the entire land, why can't that tough looking guard over their go rid that cave of baddies instead of me, why would a random lady ask me to get her some food when her husband is right there and could do it instead, these are things that are present in almost all RPG's and I am tired of them. I also dislike how the world just waits for me to do anything, for example say some kid is sick and I need to get him medicine, what if I don't get him medicine, what happens if a week passes and I do nothing? I'll tell you what happens, the kid will just stay sick forever. In reality that kid would either start to get better on his own or just die. Mechanics like this are sadly not used anymore in modern RPG's but games like Daggerfall used this extensively, if I was asked to go deliver a package to someone within a week and I took a whole month to do it I would either fail the quest or be penalized by receiving a worse reward then I was originally promised because I didn't keep my end of the bargain but in games like Skyrim I can take a whole year to deliver that package with no repercussions what so ever. What if that package contained secret documents detailing an enemy attack on a fort and I was to deliver them to the fort so they could counter it, in reality if I didn't deliver them the fort would be attacked by surprise and destroyed but in the game it will just wait until you deliver them so you can not fail the quest. Basically I am saying I would like quests to be timed when appropriate, and to a reasonable degree. One last idea deals with companions, I think acquiring a companion that will do anything for you no matter what even if their life is at stake is unrealistic at times. For example I receive a quest to retrieve a gem from an abandoned mine, this mine is rumored to hold a Balrog, obviously a Balrog is nearly unbeatable so the only way to acquire the gem is to bypass the Balrog, this is no problem for me because I know I am playing a computer game and if I fail and die I can reload a previous save file, but my companion obviously believes this is real, now depending on how close you and your companion are they might not be brave enough to attempt this quest and may ask to opt out of doing it (Although if your companion is a hired bodyguard chances are they will risk it.), now you have three ways to get him to do this quest, convince your companion with your speech skill, black mail them with information you have obtained, or hold off on doing the quest until your friend is more confident. Obviously you could just go in alone or respect you friends wishes and decline the quest. Those are my ideas for what I would like to see in Enderal, thanks for your time.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

I agree with the previous suggestion that some side quests should have a realistic time limit. Skyrim has obviously been dumbed down to satisfy console players with short attention spans. However, to do so, it is important that no side quests be started automatically -- I must choose to initiate each side quest. For example, in Skyrim, a messenger would deliver a note to me, and as soon as I read it, a side quest starts. And that quest stays in the log as an active quest for the entire game if I don't complete it. There may be some side quests that I just don't want to do, so give me the option of deleting them from my log -- intentionally failing them, in essence. However, the number of time-limited side quests should be small, as it interferes with exploring along the way.

I liked the Nehrim "quest" (so to speak) of finding the 100 magic symbols with increasing experience for each one. It reminds me of the easter-egg-type "quest" in Sacred 2 to find the 87 game developers spread across the world disguised as local inhabitants, and send them back to the studio! I enjoy humor and easter-eggs, especially if they are in obscure locations as a reward for the player who does some intense exploring to find them.
Xagul
Schattengott
Schattengott
Danksagung erhalten: 67 Mal

"I mean where are all of the other tough adventurers looking for a quest, I'm sure some of them would be more experienced and fare much better than I would on certain quests."

You're right but this problem could be solved. Some Gothic2-Mod already did by introducing time limits: When you talk to a person and by this initiate an new quest, with a certain time limit (i.e. of 3 days) starts.
While the main quest could rely on "He's the chosen one", the side quests could be managed by a trigger for a time limit.
115 Beiträge Seite 6 von 12