Help: Skyrim Script Extender [solved]

Moderator: Moderatoren

13 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
CrimsonKatana
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Whenever I attempt to launch Enderal using the laucher it tells me I don't have a skyrim script extender. I only recently downloaded Skyrim so I'm not sure what that means. Could someone help me?
Strythio
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

That is available for free through steam. Search for it on the steam store, and you'll find it easily enough.
Glycerin
Arkanmagier
Arkanmagier
Danksagung erhalten: 53 Mal

Enderal comes with its own version of SKSE (Skyrim Script Extender), so you don't need to download it. I don't know what caused your problem, but maybe reinstalling Enderal helps.
hungreed
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Good day!
After installing enderal, there was an error "Please update to the latest version of skyrim".
I've already searched from the forum about the error but it is already locked and the fix it suggested didn't worked for me.
Any idea how to fix this?
I've attached a screenshot of the problem.
Thanks!
Dateianhänge
UpdateSkyrim.JPG
FossiFoo
Bettler
Bettler

I'm in the same boat. Fresh install of skyrim via Steam without any mods, launcher started as administrator, game data downloaded via torrent and it just says "No Skyrim Script Extender found.".

I also deleted all the C:/User/.../ skrim config files.

If i start Skyrim via Steam, Enderal launches, but with purple texture, missing I18N translations all over and no sound and such.

I also tried installing SKSE separately, but then it complained about missing files and version mismatch.

The launcher log does not contain any errors.

Any hint on how i could debug this further?

edit: opened ticket http://sureai.net:9898/browse/ERB-751
DigitalPhreaker
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

NEVERMIND: Do NOT follow the below advice; I was unaware that Enderal comes pre-packaged with it's own version of SKSE, so it is definitely required to run Enderal.

Someone else is having this same issue and has opened up a support ticket so hopefully SureAI finds a fix for this.

This error is caused by the Skyrim Script Extender add-on that most Skyrim mods (not Enderal) need in order to run. You'll get this error on a regular Skyrim install when SKSE detects that it's not compatible with the current version of TESV.exe installed. Normally, just updating Skyrim through Steam fixes this issue, but I'm guessing that the Enderal installation has changed some small detail that is causing SKSE to throw out this error.

As SKSE is not required for Enderal, you can safely just rename the SKSE files and try launching the game again. These files are:

• skse_steam_loader.dll
    skse_loader.exe
    skse_1_9_32.dll

These three files are located in the same directory as TESV.exe and SkyrimLauncher.exe. You can simply rename them so that they all have a ".BAK" extension (or any other extension as long as they are not .dll or .exe). Or, as Enderal has backed these files up, you can just delete those three files altogether.

There are still a bunch of script files located in Data Scripts associated with SKSE, but since you've stopped SKSE from launching with the game, you won't need to worry about those. Hope this helps.
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 1240 Mal

FossiFoo hat geschrieben:
Any hint on how i could debug this further?
I suspect a damaged installation package.
You could try to unzip this file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z86ad6j8oooln0r/SKSE.rar?dl=0
into: C:\program files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data

And this file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/llb6enip725g9 ... x.rar?dl=0
into: C:\program files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\Skyrim\

If the bug still occurs download a fresh installation package (we recommend the torrent over the browser versions).
FossiFoo
Bettler
Bettler

With these Enderal starts and i have the correct translations shown, but all new textures are still purple.

I already downloaded from torrent. I guess i could redownload, but the torrent should already guarantee correctly hashed blocks.
Androktone
Schurke
Schurke
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

Verify checksum for EnderalInstall_EN.gz:

MD5: 082699597e64347e1aa440bc871eca2c
FossiFoo
Bettler
Bettler

I uninstalled Enderal, i uninstalled Skyrim from Steam, i deleted all remaining files in both the Steam Library dir (the ones from Tilliboy's rar & configs), i deleted everything from "My Games".

I redownloaded the torrent. I reinstalled Skyrim from Steam, i redownloaded the Launcher. I reinstalled Enderal. Still the same message (no SKSE found).

I'm not sure how this file calculates the MD5 sum, but it's what i found is preinstalled on Windows:

C:\Users\Fossi>CertUtil -hashfile G:\EnderalInstall_EN.gz MD5
MD5-Hash der Datei G:\EnderalInstall_EN.gz:
36 87 5c 4a 11 ba 74 8a 39 d9 c5 b9 9c c5 df 9d
CertUtil: -hashfile-Befehl wurde erfolgreich ausgeführt.

Maybe you can recalculate with that same tool.
13 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2