Game freezes at loading screen

Moderator: Moderatoren

10 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
m4dn3ss
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Hi again :)

After update I got trouble with loadings in game. When I'm changing locations game stops respomding for 5-10 minunes(time depends of location), but sometmes it's can completely stop respondig. I tried to change some settings, but still I haven't found the solution...

PC Specifications:

AMD Athlon X4 750K Quad
8 GB RAM
GeForce GXT 750 TI

P.S.
Before the update all was pretty good...
BigElectricCat
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 16 Mal

Same problem, esp. as game progresses & larger save files. Also Ark really stresses it.

Marketplace. Watching circle spin uselessly for 15 seconds & about to open Task Manager when game loaded.

CPU fan a good indicator of activity. If sounds like 200,000 rpm-- probably means CPU 95% busy (self imposed limit) at 4.58GHz. Not sure that's good for it for long periods of time.

Am speculating Enderal's huge # of scripts hard on CPU and graphics has GPU maxed. Then there's stuff still going on in Windows while playing the game.

I/O error or just too much? Enderal is loading, maybe writing, (disabling autosave helps but this setting never lasts) and meanwhile some other windows or background process might be trying to do the same?

No CTD issues. System ]hangs

Have to force Windows 10 to reboot by killing "Service Host: Local Service" ; Win-10 reports fatal error to MS server and Windows repairs anything messed up.

But that's not the *cause* and like to think that while not the *best* gaming rig out there, hope mine's not out of date yet! Only about a year old!

So for computer gurus or techs here. Any ideas?

Running Enderal "Vanilla" through Enderal Launcher 1.1.2.7 | A48 (No issues with launcher so haven't d/l latest launcher version)
Steam = offline

---
Sys Info
---
Intel i7-6700 @ 4.5GHz on G1 mobo
RAM: 16GB
SSD: 250MB (Windows/system)
HHD: 1TB
(Logical partition: System Reserved)
(Logical partition: User files - Steam & game files, etc.
GTX-960 - 2GB - driver 369.09 (latest avail.)
Windows 10.0.10586
m4dn3ss
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

BigElectricCat hat geschrieben:
Same problem, esp. as game progresses & larger save files. Also Ark really stresses it.

Marketplace. Watching circle spin uselessly for 15 seconds & about to open Task Manager when game loaded.

CPU fan a good indicator of activity. If sounds like 200,000 rpm-- probably means CPU 95% busy (self imposed limit) at 4.58GHz. Not sure that's good for it for long periods of time.

Am speculating Enderal's huge # of scripts hard on CPU and graphics has GPU maxed. Then there's stuff still going on in Windows while playing the game.

I/O error or just too much? Enderal is loading, maybe writing, (disabling autosave helps but this setting never lasts) and meanwhile some other windows or background process might be trying to do the same?

No CTD issues. System ]hangs

Have to force Windows 10 to reboot by killing "Service Host: Local Service" ; Win-10 reports fatal error to MS server and Windows repairs anything messed up.

But that's not the *cause* and like to think that while not the *best* gaming rig out there, hope mine's not out of date yet! Only about a year old!

So for computer gurus or techs here. Any ideas?

Running Enderal "Vanilla" through Enderal Launcher 1.1.2.7 | A48 (No issues with launcher so haven't d/l latest launcher version)
Steam = offline

---
Sys Info
---
Intel i7-6700 @ 4.5GHz on G1 mobo
RAM: 16GB
SSD: 250MB (Windows/system)
HHD: 1TB
(Logical partition: System Reserved)
(Logical partition: User files - Steam & game files, etc.
GTX-960 - 2GB - driver 369.09 (latest avail.)
Windows 10.0.10586
Did you find any solution of this problem or any method to make game a little bit faster on loadings?
Androktone
Schurke
Schurke
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

BEC, your PC is better than mine, but in my case the game, mods, MO and saves are all on a SSD drive.

Attach a save – I'll check it out.
BigElectricCat
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

Settings in launcher didn't seem to 'take' for some reason, so...

Disable "one Tweak" - make sure Window mode off.

Optimization - checked "textures" under Experimental multithreading.

Edited Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs that didn't seem to be getting saved somehow.

Skyrim:

bUseThreadedTextures=1

SkyrimPrefs:

fGamma=0.7200
;Yay! For some reason in-game brightness now works! Wow! What a difference! :)

----

Still no luck on weird 'stuck' error. Was able to get one in savegame though. Attaching save, SKSE, & readme as zip file.

Edit: For OP, myself and others, I noticed in Skyrim.ini the following entry looks like a large number.

For older systems, or ones that only have 2GB video, can someone suggest a smaller number?

[General]
sLanguage=ENGLISH
sIntroSequence=1
uGridsToLoad=5
uInterior Cell Buffer=6
uExterior Cell Buffer=36
iPreloadSizeLimit=10200547328
Dateianhänge
Savegame_Error_PlayerStance.zip
At Ark player seems to be bouncing or Havok error?
(1.02 MiB) 44-mal heruntergeladen
Androktone
Schurke
Schurke
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

BEC, I loaded your save with my set of mods (about 40 ESMs/ESPs) and had no problems whatsoever. SaveTool didn’t detect any script orphans.

As for Optimization, in my opinion, those are fairy tales. Forget it. And by the way, that’s the place, where you set iPreloadSizeLimit → Memory Usage.
BigElectricCat
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

Androktone hat geschrieben:
BEC, I loaded your save with my set of mods (about 40 ESMs/ESPs) and had no problems whatsoever. SaveTool didn’t detect any script orphans.

As for Optimization, in my opinion, those are fairy tales. Forget it. And by the way, that’s the place, where you set iPreloadSizeLimit → Memory Usage.
Thanks for checking it.

After some lunch, came back to Enderal & loaded with no weird 'hopping' error. Maybe that's progress. (Have noticed game seems to run better if reboot after about an hour anyway.) Maybe my imagination, or it's clearing stuff out. Who knows...

As for ini tweaks, maybe SKSE makes them obsolete? Only ones seem to do anything were grass & shadows. Just made shadows look goofy.

Edit: Been suggested I avoid specific screenshots of launcher to avoid confusion since everyone's rig is probably different.

Apologies if that only added to the confusion! :dumb:
Zuletzt geändert von BigElectricCat am 16.09.2016 02:53, insgesamt 4-mal geändert.
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 1240 Mal

Again, these will be user preference or what your machine can do. Shadows, grass & shows, reflections, and dust tend to slow things up on mine. (i7 with GTX 960)
Nothing to add.
"Experimental Multi-threading" sounded intimidating, so didn't mess with it, but if CPU is designed for it. Is not using these check boxes kind of defeating the purpose?

Might be... It's having to crunch huge #'s of scripts so I'm guessing that's "calculations"

"Dialogue" is programmed of course so selected that one & animations if NPC is going from one idle marker to another during a long dialogue sequence. Someone squatting by campfire, or looking at a map on a table, might also involve animation packages so checked that one.

AI / Navigation - not sure how enemy AI works, only it seems much better than Skyrim!

Anyone know?
We had the best experiences without using experimental multithreading at all. Simply because the engine can't handle multithreading (well).
The AI is the same as it was in Skyrim.
BigElectricCat
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

Ha! The power of imagination! AI for baddies seems more rational. (Runway & seek cover instead of stupidly trying to hop up to me where I can finish them off.) In Skyrim of course they'd say "I yield!" but as soon as their health regenerates a bit, they're right back to running into my trap for them.

Too bad AI can't try to outflank me or take me from behind. That would kick butt, but i digress.

Odd about settings, and now I'm not sure what I did! :shock: Just know system doesn't sound nearly as stressed and running much more smoothly. Windows 10 September update?

Anyway, if you'd like me to edit & remove screenshots of launcher, will do.

Thanks for reply!
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 1240 Mal

The best settings are different for every system. Just let your screenshots online. :)
10 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1