More detailed map icons?

Moderator: Moderatoren

8 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
crpgnut
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

I'm not a modder by any stretch but I recall a mod that would differentiate between discovered locations and entered locations. If I pass by a dungeon it gets checked and then I can't remember which ones I've actually entered and which ones I've just discovered. Can someone JOG my memory? :) I'd love to see a more robust map icon mod; similar to the one mentioned. I'll go look over at the nexus and see if I can find the name of the original mod. If so, I'll edit my post.

The mod was called Map Marker Overhaul.
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

There was also one called Map Marker. Not sure how easy they would be to convert (or even if the need converting for nehrim).
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

TheHawk hat geschrieben:
There was also one called Map Marker. Not sure how easy they would be to convert (or even if the need converting for nehrim).
I guess Map Marker would need converting. Just tried it and the game will not start with the esp enabled.
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

I guess Map Marker would need converting. Just tried it and the game will not start with the esp enabled.
OK, I'm sort of replying to my own post. But I'm hoping someone takes pity and decides to convert a map marker mod. Or just as good point towards any form of tutorial on convesions. Had a go at both Map Marker and Map Marker Overhaul mods (being a total noob at modding, pretty good with computers but modding.....) and managed to get some of it working i.e in Map Marker managed to get the "place marker" spell added to spell list, can cast it and it places a Marker pole but cannot get it to show on world map as it should do. Spent days scratching my head and almost ruining my game installations. Any pity? Any tutorials? Any ideas?
Lisnpuppy
Krieger
Krieger

I suspect anything like that would need to be rewritten at least in part for Nehrim..as (and I dont know scripting and things) I gather its geared to Oblivion names and map locations, etc which is why you could cast the spell but not see it on the map. :(
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Thanks for the reply. Think your right. Checked some of the scripts but long time since I did any coding and in tesedit the mod shows Tamariel as map and even if I deep copied maps over all the alignments would be out. Think I will keep to teaching myself the easy stuff first.
Brumbek
Bettler
Bettler

Hi there,

I just released a purely graphical replacer of the Map Markers using my colored versions that also are used in TheNiceOne's Map Marker Overhaul.

Get my mod here:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34890
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Brumbek hat geschrieben:
Hi there,

I just released a purely graphical replacer of the Map Markers using my colored versions that also are used in TheNiceOne's Map Marker Overhaul.

Get my mod here:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34890
Cheers. Downloaded and trying out.
8 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1