Moderator: Moderatoren

7 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
junovalkyrie
Stadtwache
Stadtwache
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

A lot of people have experienced problems with the glider that you encounter
[+]
in Treomar as part of Gervasius's second quest.
After riding the glider, the wind sound keeps recurring all over Nehrim, as documented in this thread. When I reached the quest involving the glider, I tested it out, and indeed the (rather annoying) sound played all across Nehrim. Hoxyd says in the same thread that it he's fixed it, but from the patch notes it looks like the fix didn't make it into the recent patches. So my temporary solution until the next patch comes out was to create a small mod that deletes the sounds from the script. You can download it here.

If you're suspicious of downloading things from Megaupload, you can easily make this mod yourself with three minutes and the Construction Set. Simply start up the CS, click File -> Data, place a check next to Nehrim.esm, and click OK (you can check others, but it's unnecessary - and if you do, make sure that you don't set anything as the Active File, or you'll edit it instead of creating a new mod). Some message will pop up while it's loading, just click "Yes to all". Then click Gameplay -> Edit Scripts and open NQGer02Gleiterscn (001F0396). Scroll down to the very bottom and about 15 lines up there should be three lines that say the following:

PlaySound ambdungeonwindlp03
PlaySound ambdungeonwindlp02
PlaySound AASeil01

Delete these lines, save the script, click File -> Save, and name the mod and VOILA! Your very own glider wind sounds remover.

Note: If you've already used the glider, this will not fix the sounds in your game. You probably can get the sound to go away by clicking Miscellaneous -> Sound in the Object Window of the CS, right-clicking and selecting edit on ambdungeonwindlp03 and ambdungeonwindlp02, and unselecting "Loop" - as arvisrend says in the linked thread, the problem is that sounds are either looping or one-time only, and they need the sound to loop for this quest but stop afterwards (AASeil01 is set not to loop by default). I haven't tried this, but I can't think of any reason it wouldn't work.
REBDK
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

THANKS!

Are you sure this works? I still hear the sound, even after beginning a new game :-(.
Szoreny
Gauner
Gauner

My glider ride is impending, I was curious if any recent updates corrected the sound issue with the glider or if I should still download and install junovalkyrie's sound remover before activating the thing...

I haven't seen any references to the glider in the patch notes so far..
einnashe
Stadtwache
Stadtwache

As of the most recent update it still isn't fixed.

Also, I can confirm that the retroactive fix (unselecting Loop) works. I can upload an esp if anybody needs it.
Szoreny
Gauner
Gauner

Think its possible for junovalkyrie's .esp to remove all wind sounds in the game? I used it for a nice quiet glider ride, but then all the exteriors I've explored since have had no wind sounds except when its storming...

deactivating the .esp doesn't change anything, - loading a game before the glider ride and .esp activation returns ambient wind as normal...
OrlopRat
Bettler
Bettler

I played through the glider sequence with this mod enabled, there were no wind sounds during the flight, and afterward the ambient wind returned as usual. So for me the mod worked just as it was supposed to.
BurningChrome
Schurke
Schurke

OrlopRat hat geschrieben:
I played through the glider sequence with this mod enabled, there were no wind sounds during the flight, and afterward the ambient wind returned as usual. So for me the mod worked just as it was supposed to.
Same here, except I had already ridden the glider. Well done, junovalkrie! :thumbsup:
7 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1