Maigrets Satu Ra - Lord of Beasts - Nehrim

Moderator: Moderatoren

2 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Maigrets
Schurke
Schurke

I know this is not a lore friendly creature as far as Nehrim goes as I mention in the Readme, but he could be considered an exotic. :)
Code: Alles auswählen
MOD NAME:
Satu Ra - Lord of Beasts - Nehrim

AUTHOR:
Maigrets

VERSION 1.0

IMPORTANT!:

This mod will not work in Oblivion.  It is for Nehrim only.  

I've had to make some changes to this version of Satu Ra due to the nature of leveled areas and enemies so his healing ability may be overpowered.  Adjustments will possibly be necessary.  Constructive suggestions welcome.

Unlike the Oblivion version of this mod there is no quest because I can't be bothered to make one.  I also realize this is not a Nehrim lore friendly creature, so it's your choice whether to use him or not in your Nehrim game.  You could imagine he is an exotic creature escaped from a hunter collecting for the Menagerie. 

Satu Ra is a fighting companion, but some parts of the Main Quest are not companion friendly, so it will be a good idea to make him wait until that stage is passed.  He can be summoned when you need him again.

When teleporting using the teleport stones you may have to summon him if he doesn't arrive in a minute or so.  Sometimes he does and sometimes not.  Possibly due to heavy scripting in the game, I'm not sure, but it works with normal fast travel in oblivion.  Also I imagine it will be the same with mark and recall, but I don't have those spells yet.

GENERAL DESCRIPTION:

Find Satu Ra wandering where the waves roll in on the beach.  See location screenshot.  This is a high level location so if you're not up to it I suggest using avoidance tactics and get out of there, however at this point Satu Ra will be able to defend you.  This is another reason why the healing ability may need adjustment.
My current character is only level six, but it's easy enough to get in and out without a bad encounter.  Either run or use a teleport stone if you have one. I was going to move him, but decided not to.

Satu Ra is Essential and levels with the player.  He also has his own Healing Ability as mentioned, but can be knocked out and his health bar will show before he heals.  He's also a little smaller than in the Oblivion version.

I've added Resist Poison 75% and Resist Magic 50% like the Oblivion version.  This is because some poison and magic damage can permanently affect essential companions and requires a reboot of the mod to fix it.  I found this with certain mods in Oblivion when he was hit by a Damage Speed poison or spell and he started to run very, very slowly and never recovered.

He has a sneak function in his script and will sneak with you, but obviously won't crouch. This depends on YOUR sneak skill, so if you are detected or come out of sneak mode for other reasons, he will also be detected and he will then attack.  Foot weight is lowered so he won't be heard by enemies (according to the CS Wiki.)  Whether this matters since his script makes him sneak when you do, (and I know it works), I'm not sure.
I don't intend to add a chameleon effect for sneaking.

There are no menus. I don't like them, especially for animal companions. This and all of my animal companion mods use the simple Follow and Stay commands by activation.  They do what they have to do without any intervention by me and have good AI in follow and wander mode.

Satu Ra has higher intelligence than normal creatures.  This is to assist with zoning through load doors and when teleporting, otherwise creature companions can get left behind and very often need to be summoned (see above re teleporting).  It also means he will open normal doors and gates on his own.  

You will receive a Summon Spell when you activate him for the first time and it only happens once.

You can change his name if you want in the CS or open the console in game, click on him and type - 
setactorfullname "New Name" - The name must be in quotes if more than one word.  Close the console and save.
However, his name will remain the same in on screen messages and his Summon Spell. That can only be changed in his main and spell script.

Like my House Cats for Nehrim I've had to re-add the idle animations so he doesn't stand around like a statue in follow mode and behaves much like a normal cat in wander mode (except for sleeping).  He will defend himself if you tell him to stay somewhere, but obviously you'll only see this if you're in the same area.

REQUIREMENTS:

Oblivion must be patched to 1.2 and I made this with the latest Nehrim 1.0.9.1 English patch.

INSTALL:
Extract the 7Zip file to a temporary directory for best results.  Move the meshes and texture folders plus the esp to your data folder.  Check the esp in your data files menu or use your desired method eg OBMM and start your game.

UNINSTALL:
Remove the esp, meshes and textures from your Data folder. Your saves won't be affected. Just answer yes to the message regarding missing content next time you start your game.

COMPATIBILITY:
There should be no incompatibility as far as I am aware. 

CREDITS and THANKS TO:
Alienslof for the meshes and textures.  

The Lore Creatures Team, specifically:
Cryo_ (model edits / armor textures), Grimdeath (creature textures) for the original Pahmar.

Bethesda for creating Oblivion and the CS in the first place for us to use.

The Nehrim team for an awesome total conversion.

Link to My Creature Companion Tutorial:
http://savageartistry.darkbb.com/t129-my-simple-creature-companion-tutorial

CONTACT INFORMATION:
I can be contacted by PM at SavageArtistry's Forum as Maigrets:
http://savageartistry.darkbb.com/index.htm

Email: maigrets55@yahoo.com.au

The SureAi forum.  English section:
http://www.sureai.net/forum/index.php?sid=dee6539b1538b1c4963265fc1a94c402

LEGAL:
This mod must not be uploaded anywhere else for any reason without contacting me. Translations are fine.
To re-use the resource files you must contact Alienslof to get her permission.
DOWNLOAD:
http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/V ... il&id=6513

PICTURES:
[+]
Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild
Daniel
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 22 Mal

Nice kitty! I'm gonna get this mod when I'm done with the main questline for sure :)

Cheers!
2 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1