English Voices?

Moderator: Moderatoren

30 Beiträge Seite 1 von 3
electrosheep
Krieger
Krieger

Hi. I'm new to Nehrim, and I was wondering if there are english voices available for Nehrim. If not, I propose that we start a team to do it. I have already started the process, and it isn't too hard once you get the hang of it. Anyway, if someone else has already done this, then if someone could give me the link to download it, that would be great. If not, I'll provide more details on what I did. Thanks!

Still no response?

All I'm asking is if there is are English voices for Nehrim yet. If there are, where do I get it?
Is there a team already in the process of recording English voices? If so, where are they?

If there are not, then I want to see it done. So, if you are mildly computer savvy, have a totally sexy voice, and have no social life, then post as a response, "I am interested" or something to that effect. The first step is to see who all wants English voices in Nehrim bad enough to do it themselves. If no one besides myself has any interest in this project, I won't waste time posting how I went about doing what I've done.
Casper
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 6 Mal

there isn't a version of nehrim with english voice acting, nor do i know of anyone who is working on it... other than you, of course.
personally i think the german voice acting is quite good, and i have doubts about the quality of a 3rd party (or would it be fourth by this point) english VO mod.
however, i won't knock it till i've tried it. i would help, however, i don't have a sexy voice, it's kind of nasally and monotone, some have said it sounds like i'm wearing a tie too tightly. i don't have that much modding experiance either. but good luck with that mod of yours.
electrosheep
Krieger
Krieger

Casper hat geschrieben:
Personally i think the german voice acting is quite good, and i have doubts about the quality of a 3rd party (or would it be fourth by this point) english VO mod.
Allow me to put your doubts to rest. It is crappy. However, it's English. I would prefer crappy English to well done German.
I'm sure you know I wasn't serious about the sexy voice thing.
Well, since you are interested in helping out, I'll post a link to what I've done so far.

Now, I'll outline the process I went through to get this thing rolling

Required software:
Oblivion (you don't need the expansions, but if you have them, it shouldn't matter)
Nehrim once you have it, update it
TES construction set 1.2
Audacity 1.3 beta
lame mp3 encoder to export mp3 files with audacity
Oblivion Mod Manager

Required hardware:
A mirophone

A few notes:
I would recommend you try this on a 32 bit windows. I tried to do it on a 64 bit version, and it didn't work

I ran into some trouble after installing Oblivion Mod Manager. Launch Nehrim using the launcher, click data files, and make sure everything is checked, and Nehrim should work again.

Ok. I will assume you installed all the crap you have to download

First things first, go to your Bethesda Softworks folder, then Oblivion
You should see ssce5432.dll and TESConstructionSet.exe there
If not...aw, just let me know and I'll upload them somewhere
Copy these two files then go to SureAI, then Nehrim folder and paste them there
I renamed the TESConstructionSet.exe in my Nehrim folder to NehrimConstructionSet.exe

Next, you need to unpack NehrimData - SoundsData.bsa (which is in Program Files\SureAI\Nehrim\Data for me)
To do this, open BSA Browser which was installed with the Oblivion Mod Manager.
I open it by going to the start menu, then Oblivion Mod Manager, then BSA Browser
Click open, then navigate to SoundsData.bsa
Then, click extract all, and extract it somewhere (I extracted to a folder called nehrimvoice on my desktop)

Now, open up your construction set that is in the nehrim folder
Click the foler icon at the top left of the screen
Double click NehrimEnglish.esp and then click set as active file
For me, it brings up a warning about bashing, just click yes to all if it does that to you
Then click character, then filtered dialogue

Ok, now to explain what I've found so far
In the Editor ID column, you'll see GREETING. GREETING is the dialogue spoken either when you first speak to the NPC or when they speak to you. Throughout the progression of a quest, the NPC may say different things, so the GREETING dialogue changes.
You may come across a quest called "generic". This is fairly self-explanatory, but it's commonly spoken dialogue. Many NPC's will be affected.
You can use the filter at the top left to look for a specific NPC. The problem is, it's sometimes a German name. For instance, there is a dude named "Erik the Hunter" or something like that. I did a google translation of the word "Hunter" and was able to find the NPC.

The two main ways I've found dialogue are by searching for a specific NPC, or searching by quest. But to locate the name of the actual MP3 file, you find the dialogue you want, then double click the line of dialogue found in the column with the Quest, Flags, Info, #R, etc.
You'll then see a box come up with Response Text, Script notes, and audio. Under Audio, you'll see Voice Filename. That's what you're looking for. Under that, you'll see the full pathname of the file as well, but all the stuff I've done has been under alemanne\m like I said.

The last thing to do is record the new dialogue. Simply open the folder you extracted with the BSA Browser, open sound, then voice. open nehrim.esm. All of the dialogue I've done so far is in the alemanne folder, then m. Once there, open the file with audacity.
Once audacity is opened, with the file loaded, hit tracks, then remove track.
Then hit the red circle button to record

Nehrim (and Oblivion) require a very specific format of audio. It must be 44 khz, mono, at 64kbs. So, make sure project rate at the left bottom of audacity is set to 44100 hz. Then, when you're done recording and tweaking your audio, make sure you click tracks, then stereo track to mono. Finally, click file, export. Save as type mp3. Hit options before you save it (it's just below cancel) tick constant and set the quality to 64kbps. Finally, hit save, and it should bring up something about a file with that name already there. Just overwrite it.

Now, to get your files back into oblivion, open up your BSA Creator. Click add folders, and add the folder you extracted with BSA Browser. For me, I click nehrimvoice and click ok. Then, when it's loaded it, click create, and name it "NehrimData - SoundsData". Don't worry about compression for now. Once it's done creating it, go to your nehrim folder, then data folder. I always backup files I'm about to replace, so I'd recommend you backup the SoundsData that is already there. Replace the SoundsData in the Nehrim folder with the one you created with BSA Creator.

That's it! You're sound files should be working with Nehrim now!

If it proves to challenging, I can always send you the files and the dialogue that goes with each file. But at this point, I'm the only one with a mic, so I'll just keep doing what I'm doing for now.

Anyway, if only one person wants to help out, it would probably be more of a hassle than anything to coordinate.

So people aren't confused as to what my goals are:
I want to record english dialogue for Nehrim. I don't particularly care if it's good or not. Just so long as I don't find it annoying.
I want to make changes to the dialogue to make more sense. I will NOT modify the dialogue in a way that changes the game experience.

Other less urgent goals:
I want to edit the pictures in Nehrim to be English as well. You'll see posters and I believe I've even seen a whole book that is still in German.
EDIT: Fix bugs. Assuming I have the technical skills to know how.

Even less important things:
Clean up the "leftovers". I've found several lines of dialogue that have no voices recorded for them. That is because these lines aren't used in Nehrim. They serve no purpose.
Zuletzt geändert von electrosheep am 24.03.2011 23:03, insgesamt 7-mal geändert.
Casper
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 6 Mal

Required hardware:
A mirophone
this could be an issue. my mike is dead, has been for a while. and i'm not going to have any spare income for some time, i have a few bad cavities and i just had a root canal i'm still paying for, and i'm going to need at least one more in the near future. i'll see if i can get a friend to lone me one, but i wouldn't count on that.
i actually like the current vo, but if a vo mod would help others enjoy nehrim a little more i guess it couldn't hurt.
Topken
Krieger
Krieger
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Oblivion mod manager has the same functions as the fallout manager and its made for oblivion so I dont see why you are using the fallout one when the oblivion one would be more common around these forums.
electrosheep
Krieger
Krieger

No mic = no record. I have two mics. I have an xbox 360 controller with a headset, and my laptop has a built in mic. Are you handy with photoshop or gimp? The Nehrim team left the "pictures" in German. Also, if you've played through the game and have noticed any...I guess translation errors, you could fix them as well. For instance, I changed the quest "Under Siege" so that it says "The siege is over. I can now go to the abbey. I should talk to Sentry Morten before I leave though" the reason being I forgot to talk to him and was stuck with the two shovels. And a diary entry. Pretty annoying. I also corrected a few errors in translation.
electrosheep
Krieger
Krieger

Topken hat geschrieben:
Oblivion mod manager has the same functions as the fallout manager and its made for oblivion so I dont see why you are using the fallout one when the oblivion one would be more common around these forums.
Didn't even know about it
electrosheep
Krieger
Krieger

I need some German translated. Anyone care to oblige?
electrosheep
Krieger
Krieger

Alright, well it looks like I'm about the only one with a desire to play a fully translated Nehrim, so I'll post what I've done so far, and if anyone wants updates, let me know. Otherwise, I'll just keep what I do to myself. I don't mean to sound like a dick, it's just if no one's interested, why go through the trouble of uploading all the crap and whatnot?

NehrimData - SoundsData.bsa
The voiceovers

NehrimData - TexturesData.bsa
I translated some posters that were still in German
I didn't upload all the textures. That would be something like 1.5 gigs worth of crap. You'll need to unpack NehrimData - TexturesData.bsa with BSA browser and overwrite the files with what I uploaded.

NehrimEnglish.esp
I changed some of the wording of the subtitles to make more sense
Merre says "Oh, no a rat!....Ha, ha, just kidding!" when you complete the rat brick quest
I changed the script of the quest "Under Siege" to mention that you should talk to Sentry Morten before you leave for the abbey
I didn't talk to him, and other people have complained about it, and we're stuck with two shovels and a journal entry now.

By the way, if you didn't talk to him and left, trolls take over, and he'll be gone. The easiest way to solve this is by opening the console by pressing tilde(~) and typing "setstage mq01tate 45" That's going off memory, but I'm pretty sure the quest is mq01tate. Set "Under Siege" as your active quest and type "sqt" in the console. That will tell you what the quest is called.

EDIT: I should explain exactly why my voiceovers are crappy.
First and foremost: I am not a professional voice actor. Neither is my brother. We are the only two voices. Knowing full well that we couldn't hope to contend with 50+ professional voice actors, we are having fun with what we're doing. In other words, the voices often aren't "serious"
Second, we are using an xbox 360 headset to record. There is...what would you call it...white noise in our files. This creates a nice "walkie talkie" effect. Sometimes it's more noticeable than other times.
Zuletzt geändert von electrosheep am 20.03.2011 04:14, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
electrosheep
Krieger
Krieger

Who is Dorian van Boddenbruuk?
EDIT: Nvm, I figured it out
30 Beiträge Seite 1 von 3