Game freezing and crashing

Moderator: Moderatoren

13 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
desert_runner
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Hey,

I've installed Nehrim and deactivated all mods. My game is freezing for 3 - 5 seconds every couple of minutes and crashing every 5 mins or so. Also, a lot of textures in the starting area (mainly wooden ones) are missing and simply appear purple.

Any help is much appreciated!
Hollwie
Schurke
Schurke

Reinstall Oblivion, then patch Oblivion to version 1.2.0416 and then Reinstall Nehrim
After that your bugs will be blown away if my guess is right 8)
desert_runner
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Worked a treat, can you tell me why that is? Also, am I safe to re-install the Oblivion DLC's for my Oblivion game? Thanks again!
arvisrend
QA Lead
QA Lead
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 45 Mal

DLC's should be no problem, but I would be careful with everything that changes your BSA files. (Of course, if it just adds new BSA files it is safe, but some mods actually remove stuff from Oblivion's BSA's.)
desert_runner
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Can we use Qarl's texture Pack 3 in conjunction with this as well? :D
Hollwie
Schurke
Schurke

Of course you can use Quarl's texture pack, but please note, that there are more Objects in Nehrim than in Oblivion so the Performance will be worse than in Oblivion with Quarl's textures
Chasm
Arkanmagier
Arkanmagier
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Doesn't Nehrim already use parts of Quarl's texture pack?

"Vanila" Nehrim has some performance issues in a couple of regions already. Erothin city and the Dark Wood are the prime examples.
These problems exist even on very high end PCs, since the limits are more about the Oblivion engine than something else.
Adding more textures can be a problem - you have been warned. ;)
Roland Deschain
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

I' m using Quarls texture pack, you definitely have to live with some stuttering every time the game loads new areas.
the framerate for me in general is about 40, sometimes it can drop to 35 depending on where i am...

System:

AMD Athlon x2 965 be (Quadcore@3,6 ghz)
4 gb ram
hd 5850 1gb slightly oc

1680x1050, all settings maximum.

if you have an ssd, you could try to install it there, according to an older post (forgot where, sorry) this dramatically reduces
stuttering while loading new areas. will try it myself in the next days and post the results.
when i installed the game i didn' t have enough free space on my ssd.

anyways, If your pc can take it, i would definitely go with quarls textures, the improvement is worth it!
desert_runner
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Ok so I've spent a bit of time playing this and I'm still getting freezing at random intervals for 3 -5 seconds. The game no longer crashes and all my textures are fine. I'm not using QTP3 either, any ideas?
Acedrew89
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Hello all,

I just downloaded Nehrim and I have tried installing it. Unfortunately every time I start up the setup.exe it flashes really quickly and then disappears. When I look at my task manager it shows the setup/install process still running, but nothing is happening GUI-wise. I was wondering if I am doing something incorrectly. I have had it finally start up and show progress after about ten minutes of waiting from the time I double-click the setup.exe icon, but then it gets to 9/10 of the way done and cuts out. Now I am trying to get it to start up again and nothing is happening. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Andrew
13 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2