Portcullis Outside Erothim Never Opens

Moderator: Moderatoren

13 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
thegh0st0fme
Bettler
Bettler

Well, the subject pretty much describes the problem. The signs outside the portcullis indicate that it is supposed to be open from 8 AM to 8 PM, but that never happens. I have had my character stand there for all 12 hours and nothing. The NPCs try to walk through it, but they just get stopped by it. I'm able to get past it with the console cheat 'tlc,' but I figured this should probably be addressed.
arvisrend
QA Lead
QA Lead
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 45 Mal

Yes, please upload your savegame.
Hollwie
Schurke
Schurke

Well this issue has already been reported...
I am playing with the german version, and in the German version the gates open at 8 AM and they are closing at 8 PM
Dunno whats wrong with the English version, but maybe the NehrimEnglish.esp made some errors to this gates...
At least you are using tcl so it won't be too much of a problem :mrgreen:
btw. it's called Erothin, not Erothim :roll: :lol:
thegh0st0fme
Bettler
Bettler

I think I may have found the cause of the problem, but I can't be too sure. I didn't realize that I had Oblivion.esm loading with the data files for the game. I'll upload the save game with this, but that might be why I was getting that error.
Hollwie hat geschrieben:
it's called Erothin, not Erothim
Ha ha. Whoops. I'm just glad I got even that close. :D
Dateianhänge
arvisrend
QA Lead
QA Lead
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter

Thanks. Waiting for 24 hours in front of the gates fixes the problem in your savegame.
Helol
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

i have the same problem? but waiting 24 hours wont fix it for me
Chasm
Arkanmagier
Arkanmagier
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Is the portcullis supposed to be open when you have waited the 24h? (8am to 8pm)
thegh0st0fme
Bettler
Bettler

Chasm hat geschrieben:
Is the portcullis supposed to be open when you have waited the 24h? (8am to 8pm)
According to arvisrend, for me it will. I wound up starting a new game all over again so I didn't get the chance to see if it would work, but arvisrend said waiting 24 hours (with my saved game) would work. I'm assuming that whatever bug was causing the portcullis not to open went away after waiting 24 hours. However, Helol might be running into the same problem under different circumstances, so maybe waiting 24 hours won't work for him/her.
arvisrend
QA Lead
QA Lead
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter

The portcullis is supposed to open itself when it is closed and it's between 8AM and 8PM, and close itself when it is open and it's between 8PM and 8AM. However the script is a bit more complicated than this (unfortunately, the animations are buggy, so some hacks had to be made) and bugs are possible.
Helol
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

i dont know how but when i leveled up to 13 and teleported to erothin the gates were fixed and working? how??
13 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2