Problem

Moderator: Moderatoren

15 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2

Problem

Crappynight
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

I was playing Nehrim for 4 days in a row now. I can't help it. It's the best mod I've played for Oblivion. In fact, if the game was the same from the very beginning, it would be much better.
Thank you Nehrim team.

But I have a slight problem. All of my saves are not loading. I've tried reinstalling. Doesn't help. Only once my quick save game loaded and my character stood still. Controls weren't working and there was no race at all. Just a suit of clothes was standing. I tried enabling race menu and game crashed again. Tried few times -all the same. Crash crash crash. I'm level 20 now and I've passed lot's of quests and It would be really bad for me to start over. Can u suggest anything?

The strangest thing is that ALL of my saves are broken and they are all in different locations. Even early ones don't work.

Thank you.
Roland Deschain
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Did you install any mods, change settings or the game directory of nehrim or oblivion?
Did you try to start a new game (to see if the problem lies in the saves or in the game itself?
Did you change the load order in the launcher or activate files you didn't check before?
Crappynight
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

No, I didn't install any mods. I changed resolution and HDR lightning. But it was 1 day ago and it worked. The problem appeared today.
I didn't change the load order either. I was playing as always, gone on bounty quest for a frost mage and in his cave I saved last time and died. When I tried loading - all saves were messed up.
Roland Deschain
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

To me that sounds like something seriously messed up your your bsa's.
I have no idea what could cause that, if you really didn't change anything affecting the game's files.

The only thing you could try, although i don't know if it will change anything, is to delete oblivion.ini
(should be in my games/oblivion) and let oblivion/nehrim restore it from the oblivion_default.ini.
Backup your ini, just in case.

Also you could upload your last regular save (not the quicksave) so we can try if they still work on other pc's.
Crappynight
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

I've tried this with .ini file. Didn't work either.

Here is the http://thelostchapter.ucoz.com/load/sav ... im/1-1-0-2
Roland Deschain
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

will try your save in an hour or so.

edit: try erasing your auto- and quicksaves as well as .bak-saves from the save directory.
there is a similar problem in the german forum where this solved the issues you have.

if this doesn't help, cut out every file in the save folder except for one save (not quick- or autosaves)
Zuletzt geändert von Roland Deschain am 29.09.2010 13:07, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Crappynight
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Well, if it works, make another one and post it so I can try.
Roland Deschain
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

just found something:

try erasing your auto- and quicksaves as well as .bak-saves from the save directory.
there is a similar problem in the german forum where this solved the issues you have.

if this doesn't help, cut out every file in the save folder except for one save (not quick- or autosaves)

and try switching all settings back to default via the nehrim launcher, then set your oblivion.ini to read-only
Crappynight
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Ok. I've tried everything you suggested and nothing seems to work. Game still crashes =(( unfortunately
Roland Deschain
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

I just tested your save file and nehrim crashes for me too, just as you described. is the save you upped your last save before the game stopped working?
If so, could you upload a previous one? Just to be sure it also doesn't work.
15 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2