Installer Won't work

Moderator: Moderatoren

20 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
dcmort93
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

So I've downloaded the installer from both the torrent and the fileshack download mirror and neither of them work. It will show up on the processes pane on task manager, but will never actually run, even after a few hours. Does anyone have any suggestions or would be willing to forward me the actually files from the installer and instructions for how to get it working?

Thanks
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi

Attached Launcher readme.
Might be just installed in wrong place. Safest place to install. C:\Nehrim (or any other name wish to use)
NehrimReadMe.rtf
Nehrim Readme
(20.34 KiB) 136-mal heruntergeladen
dcmort93
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

The thing is that I can't even get the installer to start
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi.

You did not say what os you are using.
Have you tried right clicking and "run as administrator".
Usually when its showing in taskbar its waiting for authority to do something.
dcmort93
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

I'm running Vista and I can't even get it to run as an admin with process explorer. Anything else?
himmelslicht
Schicksalsbote
Schicksalsbote
Danksagung erhalten: 4 Mal

Any program that requires to change data outside your personal folders (My documents, etc) need administrator permission. Usually those program bring up a UAC popup, but some will just close down again or maybe idle around not being able to do anything.
Its generally a good idea to run installers, that dont have the UAC shield on their icon, to run with rightclick > run as administrator. That often saves you the hassle with 'did this program install correctly' and 'windows troubleshooting' popups.
dcmort93
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

The thing is it freezes my pc everytime i even try to right click on the installer
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi.

If it does not work, might have to either turn off uac control or could even try a different compatibility mode (i.e right click - compatibility - win xp). Always found Vista a problem because of that.

Heres a link showing you how to turn off uac http://www.petri.co.il/disable_uac_in_windows_vista.htm
dcmort93
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

I turned off UAC and still nothing. I'll have access to a pc with XP tomorrow and I have my steam copy and the installer saved on to a 1TB portable drive that I'm taking with me so I'll see if it will work then
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi.

Good luck with it.
My last suggestion was going to be asking where you are trying to run it from, and maybe dragging it to desktop or into c:
20 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2