Repeated Crash during MainQuest scripted event [SPOILERS]

Moderator: Moderatoren

17 Beiträge Seite 2 von 2
Gizmodian
Schurke
Schurke

I've tried blazing through it too.

Nothing I do works, and I don't want to break the quest by console killing or something, and then find out I can't complete something I need later.

Ideally, I'd like to choose the option to spare Tyr's life, however, if that's not an option, then I'll take the other. XD
einnashe
Stadtwache
Stadtwache
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Well, since you mentioned a sound, I suspect the problem probably lies with the little light show when you become the Shadow God, so I threw together a quick ESP that dummies out that part of the script.

In case it still doesn't work, since I can't reproduce the problem myself, I advanced Agaile to the next part of the scene (and also the next few parts for good measure). The earliest save should only have skipped one or two lines, neither of which are terribly important. You'll have to fix your mods but at least you'll be able to continue with the game.
Dateianhänge
MQ32TestFix.esp
(4.14 KiB) 195-mal heruntergeladen
Saves.7z
(1.76 MiB) 173-mal heruntergeladen
arvisrend
QA Lead
QA Lead
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 45 Mal

Gizmodian hat geschrieben:
I've tried blazing through it too.

Nothing I do works, and I don't want to break the quest by console killing or something, and then find out I can't complete something I need later.

Ideally, I'd like to choose the option to spare Tyr's life, however, if that's not an option, then I'll take the other. XD
Strangely, I get a crash when I try to kill him, but not when I spare his life.
Gizmodian
Schurke
Schurke

Thanks einnashe. I'll give that a shot. Failing that, at least I have a save now! :D

Yeah, I don't know why I get the crash, but I get it no matter what I choose. Strange thing though.
Gizmodian
Schurke
Schurke

Whatever you changed in that esp, einnashe, it worked. \o/

There's no noise, Tyr simply disappears, and I don't crash when I spare his life.

Thanks for that. Alot.

I was able to play The Agaile (The real Agaile) through it without any problems.
einnashe
Stadtwache
Stadtwache
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

No problem.

For anybody interested in the technical aspect, the problem seems to be here:
Code: Alles auswählen
         TriggerHitShader 8
         MQ32Caster01.Cast MQ32Zauber01 Player
         MQ32Caster02.Cast MQ32Zauber02 Player
         MQ32Caster03.Cast MQ32Zauber03 Player
         MQ32Caster04.Cast MQ32Zauber04 Player
         MQ32Caster05.Cast MQ32Zauber05 Player
         MQ32Caster06.Cast MQ32Zauber06 Player
         MQ32Caster07.Cast MQ32Zauber07 Player
         MQ32Caster08.Cast MQ32Zauber08 Player
I've heard that there are sometimes issues with using Cast to target the player while TGM is on, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. I don't think it's a bad ref from something failing to load for some reason either or the save would always crash. Probably a matter of certain hardware configurations taking issue with so many effects and sounds at once.
arvisrend
QA Lead
QA Lead
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 45 Mal

This crash has neither anything to do with the quoted script part, nor with TGM.
17 Beiträge Seite 2 von 2