another bad framerate post..also outdoors

Moderator: Moderatoren

8 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
bing
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Moderator ,i know this post is very similar to another guys post but i did not want to hijack their post with my questions,... you read the title so that is the problem .I have only just started playing the game and in the mine fps was fine but outside it i am gettin 30 at best and 10 at lowest,not good.I have tried changing all sorts of setting the most successful of which so far have been reducing AA and not having distant lasndscape ,trees and building,all of which i would like to have on .Another fix I read told me to mess about with the setting in the oblivion .ini,anyone know where I can find this folder and how do i save changes to the folder or offer any fixes as I am a total ignoramus.
himmelslicht
Schicksalsbote
Schicksalsbote
Danksagung erhalten: 4 Mal

First open the Launcher, go to the Settings Tab, and enable the available Optimizations, such as Multithreading, Dual-CPU-Usage, etc., and then give the game some extra RAM, if you havent done that already.
Turn off Distant Rendering, and eventually turn off Gras totally.

Save and see how your Framerate improves. If that doesnt help much, we got to switch on changing the ingame grafics settings to lower values. Nehrim uses quite a lot more ressources than vanilla Oblivion did, i notice that too.

Also some additional Info about your system might be helpful, such as CPU, RAM, Grafics Card and OS.
bing
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Cheers for the reply and tips but unfortunately i did all this before posting .The frame rate despite doing all this is still not great.If i turn off distant stuff then the fps is acceptable but ,to be honest i dont want to haver to do this but it would seem i am going to have to switch distant stuff on and off as and when it is needed if no other fixes are found .I read somwhere that the game is heavil;y dependent on the cpu more so than vanilla oblivion.As good as this mod has been so far ,if i could sort this frame rate issue out it would be great.I actually so far think it is better than oblivion in some ways ,unfortunately not in terms of performance and this can be game breaking..........................after playing for a little while after writing this post it would seem that i can not play nehrim,the problems with the framerate and the blurry effect around my avatar are just game breaking ,as good as the actual game is.
Gizmodian
Schurke
Schurke

Have you considered trying the Oblivion Stutter Remover?

It requires OBSE be installed, just like you install it in Oblivion, except into the Nehrim folder.

Also, the blurry effect around your avatar is, I believe, from the Depth of Field effect. Try turning it off and see if you like it better that way. ;)
Szoreny
Gauner
Gauner

Don't mean to hijack but since RAM settings are mentioned in this thread, I've always been curious about the 'memory preload' option in the launcher.

Does SureAI intend Nehrim players to set the slider at the system's full amount of RAM?

Or does it work best when set at a portion, say 50 or 25% of system RAM?
himmelslicht
Schicksalsbote
Schicksalsbote
Danksagung erhalten: 4 Mal

Its how much RAM you allow Nehrim to use at afaik. The higher you can set it, the better. Might be, that if you put it at 2GiB while only having 1 GiB of physical RAM, it will make extensive use of the pagefile, but i recommend to out it at 1.5GiB-2GiB for anyone with more than 2 GiB RAM.
bing
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Gizmodian hat geschrieben:
Have you considered trying the Oblivion Stutter Remover?

It requires OBSE be installed, just like you install it in Oblivion, except into the Nehrim folder.

Also, the blurry effect around your avatar is, I believe, from the Depth of Field effect. Try turning it off and see if you like it better that way. ;)
Tell me more of this obse[i am totally ignorant so explain exactly what needs to be done if you can be bothered,no worries if not]...also about blurry thing around avatar,it remains EVEN when i have turned depth of field off.T he only way to get rid of it is to either play in 3rd person view or have no AA,both of which I dont really want to do,Also the blurry problem goes away inside caves altogether ,even if AA is enabled.All very weird.thanks for you input mate.
Gizmodian
Schurke
Schurke

OBSE, or Oblivion Script Extender, is a third party program that extends the scripting capabilities of the engine. It's required for a lot of different gameplay mods that need scripts outside of what the game can provide.

You install it as you would in Oblivion, just instead, wherever you have Nehrim. This is merely a 'drag and drop' action from the downloaded archive to the Nehrim main installation directory. [Not 'Data', as most mods.]

With it installed, you can use a variety of mods that change the game, extend the gameplay, add new functions, et cetera.

After OBSE is installed, you can install OSR [Oblivion Stutter Remover] by dragging it over where it says in the installation, as it is an OBSE plug-in. OBSE itself does the rest.

You have to start the game via OBSE [or OBMM, the Oblivion Mod Manager] for it to take effect, not the Nehrim launcher or the Oblivion.exe.

As for the blurriness, are you using AA through the game or AA through your video card? Bloom+AA may be causing the effect. I have had no blurry halos in my game, but I use HDR in the panel and I force AA through my graphics card control panel.
8 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1