Crashes At Startup

Moderator: Moderatoren

5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
FastFoot
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Whenever I double click the Desktop shortcut the program takes 3 seconds to load, begins to open up a new window and immediatley stops responding. It never says Nehrim Stopped responding though, it always says Oblivion did( I have ticked and un-ticked all the necessary boxes in the Data Files of the Launcher).
I was happily playing the night before and I have no idea why this has happened. I tried to fix this after reading about the other problems, but reinstalling outside of Program Files ( I run Vista) hasn't seemed to help

Any help is appreciated
himmelslicht
Schicksalsbote
Schicksalsbote
Danksagung erhalten: 4 Mal

It will never say Nehrim has stopped working, cause Nehrim uses the Oblivion.exe.
Did you do any game or system updates before it stopped working? It would be odd if it would stop without any changes being made.
Gizmodian
Schurke
Schurke

This can also happen if you have installed a mod that is missing it's proper 'master' file, or esm, or if your load order is incorrect.

Do you have any mods in the game as of yet?
lastnameleft
Bettler
Bettler

Hi guys, I'm not the OP but I have the exact same problem. I haven't installed any other mods, so is there anything else to do with the INI file maybe? I remember having a problem with a game doing this and it turned out the resolution was too big for my screen (that is not the case with this though).

I tried running the game in windowed mode and that worked, though the title screen did not and would not start a new game :/
arvisrend
QA Lead
QA Lead
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 45 Mal

If things get messed up because of the INI file, just try deleting the INI file. Start oblivion.exe; it will create a new one.
5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1