Game crashes at start

Moderator: Moderatoren

7 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
KingKrapp
Bettler
Bettler

Hi guys, I'm getting this really annoying problem when I try to play.

The game is the UK, non-Steam version of Oblivion, patched to the latest version. Nehrim is also patched. When I opened the launcher and went to select the Nehrim files and un-select the Oblivion files, the Oblivion files weren't visible, and the Nehrim ones were already selected. When I start a game, it loads, plays the opening movie, then takes me to the character creation screen. I fill it out, the game goes into first person, I hear a creaking sound and the game locks up and crashes. This has persisted over a reinstall of both Oblivion and Nehrim.

Oblivion is installed to H:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion and Nehrim is installed to H:\SureAI\Nehrim.

Any ideas?
Gizmodian
Schurke
Schurke

I had a similar issue where it turned out to be an issue with one of the sounds. The only thing that fixed it was the removal of said sound, though I had no issues for 3/4 of the game.

First, make sure it took everything it needed from Oblivion when it installed. I had to manually move over one of the bsa's because Nehrim refused to grab it during my installation. It will never need the Oblivion.esm, however, and I'd avoid grabbing that simply for confusion's sake.

You can also try using OBMM rather than Nehrim's own launcher, though, if you have no other mods in, it should make no difference.

I know it's alot to redownload, but have you considered using a different version of the installer as well?
KingKrapp
Bettler
Bettler

Thanks for the reply. I copied over the two Voices files from the Oblivion install that Nehrim didn't have, and I tried OBMM, but unfortunately the same thing is still happening.
I know it's alot to redownload, but have you considered using a different version of the installer as well?
What exactly do you mean? Grab the Nehrim installer from a different source? I'm using the torrent one.
Gizmodian
Schurke
Schurke

That's precisely what I mean. It's possible you got an odd bit, however, it is a long shot, and I doubt it'll help, but it would rule it out.

Few things that pop into my head:

What windows are you using?

Have you tried a registry cleaner before/after installation?

Did you have an anti-virus software running during your installation?

Did you have a modded Oblivion prior to installation or any other Oblivion install that you played?

Have you deleted the ini file in the My Documents section and allowed it to remake a new one?

The fact that you used a completely vanilla version of Oblivion and then installed Nehrim to it's own slot, it should work unless something is physically wrong somewhere.
KingKrapp
Bettler
Bettler

That's precisely what I mean. It's possible you got an odd bit, however, it is a long shot, and I doubt it'll help, but it would rule it out.
I'll download it from another source later tonight or tomorrow when I am in my ISP's off-peak time.
What windows are you using?
Windows 7 x86-64 Pro
Have you tried a registry cleaner before/after installation?
No, I generally find registry cleaners to be a bit of a placebo, but I'll give CCleaner a whirl.
Did you have an anti-virus software running during your installation?
Yes, Microsoft Security Essentials. It's never interfered with any install before.
Did you have a modded Oblivion prior to installation or any other Oblivion install that you played?
No, I haven't played Oblivion in a long time - the TES V announcement reminded me about Nehrim. Both Oblivion and Nehrim were installed to a partition that was formatted a few days ago, and no other installations exist on my computer. This install of Windows is also less than a week old.
Have you deleted the ini file in the My Documents section and allowed it to remake a new one?
Yes.

Thanks for the reply!
himmelslicht
Schicksalsbote
Schicksalsbote
Danksagung erhalten: 4 Mal

Windows 7 x86-64 Pro
You can only have either Windows 7 x86 OR Windows 7 x64

You could also give it a try to download the latet DX9 Runtimes from Microsoft.com. A newly setup Win7 System has no DX9 runtimes.

Also, even tho it sounds weird, try unselect, and reselect the Nehrim game files. Im not sure if the Launcher can select them automatically.
KingKrapp
Bettler
Bettler

himmelslicht hat geschrieben:
Windows 7 x86-64 Pro
You can only have either Windows 7 x86 OR Windows 7 x64

You could also give it a try to download the latet DX9 Runtimes from Microsoft.com. A newly setup Win7 System has no DX9 runtimes.

Also, even tho it sounds weird, try unselect, and reselect the Nehrim game files. Im not sure if the Launcher can select them automatically.
It's 64 bit. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X86-64

I'll grab DX9 and give that a shot.

Yeah, I've tried unselecting and re-selecting. Cheers!
7 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1