Installer modifications suggestion

Moderator: Moderatoren

1 Beitrag Seite 1 von 1
taltamir
Gauner
Gauner
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Based on some issues I have seen people having with install, I think it would be best of nehrim is repackaged with the following modifications to the installer.

1. Have the user verify the location of their oblivion directory. Suggest where the installer thinks it is, but let the user modify it if needed. Several people had problems where it failed to copy over any of the oblivion files they needed. It is also possible that their original oblivion install is located in program files... I will ask them in their respective threads.
2. Have the default installation folder be C:\Games\Nehrim rather then C:\Program Files\Nehrim Program files is a restricted folder where windows forbids programs from performing a lot of functions, which could cause issues.
3. The desktop shortcut should target nehrimlauncher.exe, not oblivion.exe in the nehrim folder.
4. The nehrim launcher should have "check for updates" on by default.
5. The nehrim launcher should automatically uncheck all data files, except for the 3 nehrim ones. this is more complicated task then the others and can be postponed, but eventually it would be nice if it can do so.
6. The nehrim launcher settings tab should have a 1920x1200 resolution amongst its suggested resolutions. It should not be required to resort to custom resolution for that.
7. I have made a picture guide on how to configure nehrim to run. It can be included in installer. I can be trimmed significantly if the above suggestions are implemented.
1 Beitrag Seite 1 von 1