Need help getting Nehrim to work.

Moderator: Moderatoren

35 Beiträge Seite 1 von 4
Mambazo
Gauner
Gauner

So I've played Nehrim before but got a new computer, and am trying to put it on this new one. I've been having problems.
I installed Oblivion, making sure to install it into a folder I created, it gets installed into Computer/C:/Games (i created the Games folder)
Next I install nehrim, however every time I try to do it, it says that the folder I'm sending it into does not contain an Oblivion.exe file. I've fiddled with it but nothing works. It DOES contain the oblivion files but it doesn't seem to detect them or something.
I can't seem to find anything about this on the forums, so I'd really appreciate some help getting it to work, I'm not very computer literate but I can definitely take direction.
arvisrend
QA Lead
QA Lead
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 45 Mal

Are you sure that C:\Games is really the folder you installed Oblivion into, rather than a folder you MOVED your already-existing Oblivion installation to?

Because Nehrim's installer uses the Windows registry to find out where you have put your Oblivion.
Mambazo
Gauner
Gauner

Yup, it was a fresh install, and in trying to fix it i've reinstalled 3 times, to the same folder each time. It's now uninstalled again, ready to be reinstalled in a manner which I hope to be told soon :)
arvisrend
QA Lead
QA Lead
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter

What exactly fails: the installer, the game (you can start Nehrim through the Oblivion.exe in your Nehrim folder as long as you have correctly set the ESM/ESPs) or the launcher?
Mambazo
Gauner
Gauner

When I run the nehrim installer, and it's asking me to select a path, I select the folder that my oblivion stuff has been installed into and it says that it can't be sent there because it contains no oblivion.exe
Since I know it is in there, i did it anyway and tried to run it, and when I run the nehrim launcher and hit start game it doesn't work.
I uninstalled oblivion again but I will reinstall in the morning pending any advice I get to recreate the problem so we can work on fixing it.
Thanks for sticking with me! Your help is really appreciated.
arvisrend
QA Lead
QA Lead
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter

Are you sure you gave the path correctly? With backslashes instead of slashes, beginning with C:\, etc.?
Mambazo
Gauner
Gauner

Well I didn't type the path in manually. I'm trying again now, selecting the folder that it is going to be sent to, a folder on my desktop named Oblivion. We'll see if it recreates the problem.
Mambazo
Gauner
Gauner

Yup, still has the same problem, stating that it is the wrong path. I even made sure to run the installer as an administrator.
the path is C:\Users\Acer\Desktop\Oblivion\Nehrim
arvisrend
QA Lead
QA Lead
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter

Is your Oblivion fully patched (1.2.0416)?
Is it some localized version?
Mambazo
Gauner
Gauner

Oblivion is not fully patched if it's something you have to do manually. Could that cause it to not work? I'll patch it now.
EDIT: Patched, did not solve. It is not a localized version
EDIT 2: Wow. So I just tried something else, I deleted the \Nehrim off the end of the path so it would extract directly into the Oblivion folder, and it FINALLY let me continue the extraction without saying I had the wrong path. I was so excited. However when I ran it.... it just ran normal Oblivion. I knew right away it hadn't worked because Nehrim has such a different starting screen. So, back to square one.
EDIT 3: Heh, thought I had it fixed again.... I hadn't clicked the boxes to ENABLE Nehrim in the Data Files.... However when I did so and ran it... it still runs just normal Oblivion.....
EDIT 4: Now I'm even worse off. I clicked Settings, just to mess around.... it said it created a new oblivion.ini file, and now every time i try to start it, it just says "oblivion has stopped working, windows is checking for a solution" So now I can't even start it at all.
Zuletzt geändert von Mambazo am 29.10.2011 21:52, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
35 Beiträge Seite 1 von 4