English Version not in English at all (menus, messages, etc)

Moderator: Moderatoren

11 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
0Beechlgz
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

I made sure to download the English version (the one that is a few versions behind the full German version) and even the installer file says EN on it. I double checked on the website, and even downloaded the full German one afterwards just to compare. I installed the English one all correctly and it all runs correctly, but everything is still in German. The only exceptions are the voice subtitles, which are English. I'm not talking about voices because I realise there is no English for those, but I can't even get English menus. I can't configure my controls, I don't know what hints and promps are telling me, I barely managed to make my character without stuffing up. Because I'm not familiar with the controls and UI, and because everything is in German, I just can't play.

Is the only English in the English version the subtitles? Is there no English for the important things like menus and quest updates?

I'm not complaianing, I'm just puzzled. I don't know if this is right or not, maybe one of the English download mirrors is hosting the wrong file? I'll need more time to try one of the other mirrors, peak time, internet getting throttled just now.

If it helps, here are the details of the version I downloaded:

Main game (ENGLISH VERSION) 1.0.7.5

Name: "Nehrim - At Fate's Edge" - Installer
Version: 1.0.7.5
Language: English
Size: 1.60GB

and I got it from the moddb Trying ausgamers just now. EDIT: Gonna resume downloading in the morning I'll get better speeds then.
Holomay
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 44 Mal

Hey 0Beechlgz,

welcome to the forum. :)

Don't bother with version 1.0.7.5 at all! This is the one you want:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/nehrim-at-fat ... sh-version

Please uninstall Nehrim completely before you install 1.5.0.8! (BTW, I assume you have the English version of Oblivion?!)

Did you click the 1.0.7.5 link on this site? Maybe you got confused because the heading of the 1.5.0.8 version just says "Main Game - Full Version - Actual Version" and does not include "(English version)" as does the heading of 1.0.7.5?
0Beechlgz
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Yes I have the English version of Oblivion, but thanks for the updated link. I was getting confused about the English version in the way that I didn't know if the version you posted was really in English or if it was just limited English (for compatibility). If that is the full English I'll try it in the morning when I can get better download speeds, thanks.
0Beechlgz
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

I've tried the version you linked, made sure I installed everything properly, even used a completely clean Oblivion install to make sure everything was new and fresh. Again, the mod works perfectly from what I can tell, but there is still no English except for during the cut-scenes. :( All menus, messages and quest updates are still in German.

The file name I downloaded was NehrimInstall_1.5.0.8_EN.exe, to be sure it is the right version?
Holomay
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

The file name I downloaded was NehrimInstall_1.5.0.8_EN.exe, to be sure it is the right version?
Yes, this is the right version.

In the Launcher, under "Data Files", you need to check these 3 files: "Nehrim.esm", "NehrimData.esp" and "NehrimEnglish.esp". Have you checked all 3 files?
0Beechlgz
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

...I think the instructions for the English version need to be updated to include "NehrimEnglish.esp", at the moment they say to make sure and ONLY check "Nehrim.esm" and "NehrimData.esp" and that it's super important not to check anything else. Because of this I didn't even see that there was an NehrimEnglish.esp to check.

I'll test this and see if it works, but it's probably what the problem was.
Holomay
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

...I think the instructions for the English version need to be updated to include "NehrimEnglish.esp", at the moment they say to make sure and ONLY check "Nehrim.esm" and "NehrimData.esp" and that it's super important not to check anything else.
I see ... :shock: I SEE! That definitely has to be corrected. Thank you for pointing it out! :)
0Beechlgz
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Yeah I works now, thanks.
Daniel
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 22 Mal

Nice to see you guys solved it! Enjoy an awesome game! I wish I could forget about playing it so much so I could experience it all again, heh. :)
0Beechlgz
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Yeah I'm extremely impressed so far. :D
11 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2