Any Chance At a Full English Voice Over?

Moderator: Moderatoren

21 Beiträge Seite 1 von 3
CrzyFooL
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

I'd gladly help to get this going. So far this is an amazing project and while I don't mind German with English subtitles, a lot of people wont play a game that is subtitled because they hate to read :-(

Are there any plans to do a full English voice recording?

Any way I can help?
Roland Deschain
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

At the moment there are no plans to do so:
Re: Release

von Arandor am 05.06.2010 18:41
Our English version will only have translated texts, no voice acting.
and
Re: Let's Play Nehrim!

von f3N3k am 11.06.2010 20:17
Hi ReymasofAshborne, welcome to the forum!

Afaik the EV of Nehrim is in work, just mind you that the span of text to be translated as well as possible includes over 94000 words, which is more than most book editors' job. As a result, you'll probably have to be patient for quite a while.

English voice acting would seem like a nice idea, the team is reluctant to accept English voice actors though. That is because of bad experiences they had with amateur voice acts for the earlier projects. Nehrim's voice acting is performed by professional actors and a voluntary recording studio. For now, the plan is to just translate the subtitles and books/signs, keeping the original voices. This seems to be the more agreeable method regarding the quality.

I hope I didn't misquote the team
CrzyFooL
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Aww.
Hollwie
Schurke
Schurke

Verdammt Roland ich wollte die Frage beantworten damit sich mein Postcount erhöht :(
Naja er erhöht sich trotzdem weil ich hier ganz offtopic sinnfrei poste ohne das es einen Sinn macht :lol:
English:
This post doesn't make any sense, so you may just feel like playing Nehrim and ignore this post :mrgreen:
kelticpete
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

if u want it bad enough, recruit voice actors, anD make all the neceSSARY MP3S...BUT FIND A CODER/PRGRAMMEr who will help you put it into a mod
TrexTitan
Stadtwache
Stadtwache

... why would ANYONE want an amature adolecant whiny, shitty english voice over instead of the very well done german ones... it... boggles the mind..
Lazydriver
Bettler
Bettler

TrexTitan hat geschrieben:
... why would ANYONE want an amature adolecant whiny, shitty english voice over instead of the very well done german ones... it... boggles the mind..
There are 100 million German speakers, and they could find 50 great voice actors for that. You're telling me that one couldn't find 50 or 100 great voice actors to speak the lines in English? With a mod as good as this, I'm sure somebody would be up to the task.
Chasm
Arkanmagier
Arkanmagier
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

The Nehrim Team had the both support of a professional voice over / dubbing studio and professional voice actors. (Otherwise working on video games, TV, cinema, audio books, ...)

It has been stated in the past that an official dubbing would have to reach the same -commercial- standard.
That is hard to do for free. Ok, not totally free - both the studio and the actors get a link in the credits.

There are a few hobbyists out there who could do this. Say Darker Projects for an example outside the modding community.
TrexTitan
Stadtwache
Stadtwache

yeah thats the deal, the most likley solution to a english voice over would be an amature one, with crappy equipment and crappy actors using their squeaky voices to bring this game to its full glory... *cough*

Which annoys me because who are really bothered by subtitles? i don't get the big gripe.. then again i'm from a country that always have opted for subs over dubs..
Lazydriver
Bettler
Bettler

Chasm hat geschrieben:
The Nehrim Team had the both support of a professional voice over / dubbing studio and professional voice actors. (Otherwise working on video games, TV, cinema, audio books, ...)

It has been stated in the past that an official dubbing would have to reach the same -commercial- standard.
That is hard to do for free. Ok, not totally free - both the studio and the actors get a link in the credits.

There are a few hobbyists out there who could do this. Say Darker Projects for an example outside the modding community.
A mod this good wouldn't be able to get a volunteer voice recording in the US? I'm sure there are talented voice actors who wouldn't mind another notch on a resumé.
21 Beiträge Seite 1 von 3